The leading trade show for artisan, gourmet and fine food & drink!
Investor Pitching Series – Productive Business Solutions for the F&B Industry
An event by Restaurant Association of Singapore, managed by Montgomery Asia
An innovative event by Restaurant Association of Singapore and held at Speciality & Fine Food Asia and Restaurant, Pub & Bar Asia 2018, this session seeks to offer a practical and valuable platform for innovative companies to pitch their ideas to a panel of esteemed judges from the F&B, hospitality, tech and finance industries.
Call for entries is now officially OPEN! Entries will be accepted till Wednesday, 4 July 2018. Shortlisted teams will be invited to a 1-day boot camp in early July to hear the latest insights from leading industry players, refine your business proposals and hone your presentation skills further to successfully deliver a winning pitch on the actual day on 18 July 2018.
Date : 18 July 2018, Wednesday
Time : 3:00pm – 4:30pm
Venue : Speciality & Fine Food Asia, Fine Food Live theatre
Suntec Singapore, Hall 403
THEME: PRODUCTIVE BUSINESS SOLUTIONS FOR THE F&B INDUSTRY
Technological disruptions, the rise of conscious consumption, global convergence of consumer tastes, manpower crunch and escalating business costs amidst a fast-changing competitive landscape – all these provide opportunities for savvy F&B businesses to thrive. At the same time, they pose real challenges in trying to achieve sustained profitability whilst engaging and growing a loyal customer base.
With the nation’s continued focus on productivity, this programme seeks to solicit innovative business proposals that will enable F&B companies to harness new technologies, processes or products to elevate their businesses above the global competition, differentiate their offerings and thrive in the long term.
The proposals can be centred on technology, process re-engineering or even a brand new concept that will radically change the way F&B companies operate and innovate.
The ideas submitted need to:
1. Identify an underlying issue in the F&B industry. The top three common issues that most F&B businesses are facing currently are manpower shortage, high rental costs and rising cost of ingredients
2. Include a viable and practical solution that can be implemented by F&B business owners
3. Demonstrate specific benefits be it in operating cost reduction, improved efficiency, increased profit, improved employee retention or business sustainability
If you have a viable winning solution for the F&B industry, there is no better platform for you to generate awareness, get business leads and hear from the experts the yes’s and no’s about your proposal than the innovative Investor Pitching Series at SFFA and RPB Asia!
Shortlisted entries will gain extensive mileage via:
– Our event websites, eDMs and social media channels
– Coverage in trade and key lifestyle media titles, including the Business Times’ SME Magazine
– Face-to-face exposure with the movers and shakers from the F&B, tech and finance sectors
– Networking opportunities with F&B suppliers and trade buyers who will be present at the shows
Judging Criteria & Judging Panel
Entries will be judged based on the following:
1. A clearly-defined problem statement with a clear explanation of how the proposed solution will address the issues
2. Inclusion of a realistic project implementation timeline with specific milestones and controlled expected costs
3. Ease of implementation
4. The benefits and end results that will be derived from the proposed solution
The top 3 winners will receive:
– Prize money of S$3,000, S$2,000 and S$1,000 respectively
– An opportunity to have your ideas or solutions implemented by the industry*
– Mentoring advice or further funding for your business*
*whilst every effort is made to maximise your exposure to the judges and industry, the decision to adopt your solution, mentor or fund your business is entirely up to the discretion of the judges and F&B owners.
Call for Entries: 30 May 2018 – 4 July 2018
Review of Entries: 18 June – 6 July 2018
Announcement of Shortlisted Teams: 9 July 2018
Boot Camp: Week of 9 July (TBC)
Pitching of Business Proposals: 18 July 2018 (3pm – 4.30pm)
Announcement of Top 3 Winners: 18 July 2018 (5pm)
Submission of Entries:
1. All entries need to include an executive summary, a brief description of your company or project team and projected financials of the proposed business solution
2. All entries need to indicate clearly the name, title, email address and contact number of the contact person or team
3. Files can be submitted in PDF, MS Word or Powerpoint format not exceeding 10MB in total
4. Please submit your entries to us here.
1. Incomplete entries will not be entertained
2. Due to the volume of entries expected, we regret that we will not be able to sign any Non-Disclosure Agreement. Rest assured your submission will remain confidential and will not be shared with any third parties beyond the purpose of the Investor Pitching Series
3. The organisers reserve the right to shortlist all entries based on the internal judging criteria
4. Due to the volume of entries expected, we will only be able to notify the shortlisted finalists