ASEAN Butchery Competition
Co-hosted by Meat Traders’ Association (MTA) Singapore
This competition aims to create an environment where ASEAN butchers (forming teams of two) are able to demonstrate their workmanship through meat cutting, display and the creative usage of full pieces of beef, lamb, pork and chicken.
This is a chance for individual members of the trade to build working friendships and unlock business opportunities, and an opportunity for the trade industry to benefit from this demonstration of creativity and innovation.
Date: 28 – 30 September 2021
Time: 10am to 6pm
Venue: Suntec Singapore, Halls 401-403 (Meat and Poultry Asia Zone)
- Eligible participants for the ASEAN Butchery Competition must come from the 10 ASEAN countries (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam).
- Participants must form teams of 2 butchers.
- Registration is open to participants of all ages.
Call for Entries Submission
- Entries submission deadline: To Be Confirmed
- Applicants must meet all criteria stipulated in the guideline, otherwise application will be disqualified
Shortlisted teams will be notified by the organiser and must make an entry fee payment of SGD 200 (exclusive of GST) per team to complete the registration
Three judges (experts from the industry) will be present throughout the competition to provide a fair score
Judging and Scoring Categories
- Yield (amount of meat wastage)
- Creativity (in using and cutting the meat; decorations)
- Display (presentation; attractiveness)
- Quality (during preparation/ cutting)
- Cookability (use of cooking the meat; instructions provided)
Winners will stand to enjoy the following prizes:
Champion: SGD 5,000 per team with trophies
First runner-up: SGD 3,000 per team with trophies
Second runner-up: SGD 1,000 per team with trophies
Category winners (5 categories): Trophies
Stay tuned for more updates!